Let’s talk comfort foods. As soon as the weather starts to cool down in the fall, I’m all about those warm, rich, hearty meals.
But I’m also about staying semi-healthy in the process so I can feel full and satisfied without feeling awful about what I just ate.
So when I stumbled upon a coconut curry recipe a while back, I knew I needed to come up with a way to get the deliciousness without any not so great ingredients.
And I think I did just that with this super simple recipe!
And fair warning…. this is healthy-ish (you know how I roll), but it is pretty high calorie due to the coconut cream.
I always say don’t count calories — eat clean. I’m fine with lots of calories if they come from healthy ingredients full of nutritional benefits like coconut cream!
And don’t let this not so Instagram feed worthy image scare you away… it’s hard to make curry look pretty, but boy is it delicious!
CRAZY EASY COCONUT CURRY-ISH RECIPE
- 6-8 organic, free-range chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp organic, refined coconut oil
- 1 16oz bottle Trader Joe’s Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 12oz organic coconut cream (3/4 of a can)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
- In a medium skillet, heat coconut oil on medium-high heat.
- Start preparing brown rice according to the package.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook about 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through. You may need to add more time depending on the size of your chicken tenders.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes, and turn the heat down to medium.
- Add red curry sauce and coconut cream, and stir until combined and all coconut cream solids have melted.
- Allow sauce and chicken to simmer until sauce thickens to desired consistency, about 20-30 minutes.
- Spoon over rice, and serve warm!
- This recipe serves approximately 2-3 people. Simply add more chicken and sauce, and make more rice to feed more people!
- Add in some veggies such as broccoli for extra health benefits.
- Make extra to save for lunch the next day – it heats up great!
- Take the easy way out and buy microwavable bags of organic brown rice. These can also be found at Trader Joe’s!
- If your kids aren’t big sauce lovers, simply pull out a couple chicken tenders from your skillet before you add the sauce. My kids love the ‘coconut chicken’ as they call it!
This quick and easy comfort food dish is packed with healthy fats and oh, so delicious. It will quickly become a go-to all winter long!
Will you give this recipe a try? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for more delicious fall and winter recipes? Check out this Quick And Easy 4 Ingredient White Chicken Chili Recipe!
Crazy Easy Coconut Curry-ish Recipe
- 2 tbsp coconut oil organic, refined
- 1 16oz bottle Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 12 oz organic coconut cream (3/4 of one can)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups brown rice cooked
- 1. In a medium skillet, heat coconut oil on medium-high heat.
- 2. Start preparing brown rice according to package.
- 3. Add chicken to the skillet and cook about 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through. You may need to allow more time depending on the size of your chicken tenders.
- 4. Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes, and turn heat down to medium.
- 5. Add red curry sauce and coconut cream to skillet, and stir until combined and all coconut cream solids have melted.
- 6. Allow sauce and chicken to simmer until sauce has reached it's desired consistency, about 20-30 minutes.
- 7. Spoon over rice and serve warm!