Another winter week calls for another quick and easy soup recipe! If you haven’t guessed it already, we eat a lot of soup during the fall and winter months!
Not only is it so easy, but we can eat on it for days, my kids love it, and it’s healthy.
Talk about a win-win-win!
One of our favorite go-to’s is this beef vegetable soup. It’s crazy easy to make with many ingredients you likely already have in your pantry, and it’s a great soup to have on hand for gatherings, parties, and get-togethers.
I’m not going to drag this on too long. Let’s just jump into the recipe, shall we?
THE HEALTHY, HEARTY BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE IN MINUTES
- 1.5 lbs stew beef (the higher the quality, the better!)
- 1.5 lbs red potatoes, diced (about 10 small-medium)
- 2.5 lbs frozen mixed veggies
- 1 28 oz can diced and peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 2.5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp thyme
- 1.5 tsp onion salt
- 3 32 oz cartons beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In your slow cooker or instant pot, combine your beef, spices, garlic, potatoes, veggies, tomatoes, and beef broth.
- Cook on high for the first 3-4 hours, then turn to low and allow soup to simmer until beef is cooked through.
TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
- I use a 6-quart instant pot and love this recipe because it makes extra that I can either freeze or eat on throughout the week. If you’re using something smaller, you can easily half the recipe (or use a little less broth, potatoes, and veggies if you still want a good, hearty soup).
- We like our soup hearty! If you’re looking for something a little lighter, use 1 pound of meat and potatoes instead.
- Feel free to add in whatever frozen veggies you’d like! I like the corn, green bean, and carrot mix, but love adding in frozen okra too!
- Play around with your spices. I love thyme and onion salt on everything, but many similar spices would work!
- I allow my soup to cook all day so the flavors have more time to develop.
- I serve my soup with tortilla chips! Trust me, you will never go back to crackers again!
Do you think you’ll give this soup a try? Let me know in the comments! And check out this delicious sweet potato chili recipe for more soup ideas!