If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’ve been on a kick of sharing some healthy family-friendly recipes with you.
But the key? For my family, they’ve got to be delicious and easy too.
We have worked hard to make sure we get our kids to eat healthily and make healthy choices, and dinnertime is a key time to teach and form health habits!
That said, we’re very busy these days, so we just don’t always have time to make all the things from scratch.
That’s when this BBQ chicken pizza comes in!
THE QUICK AND EASY BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA THAT WILL HAVE YOUR FAMILY BEGGING TO EAT THEIR VEGGIES
This pizza is made on Trader Joe’s frozen cauliflower crust (we are a gluten-free household) and can be easily made with leftover grilled or shredded chicken if you have it on hand, making it a simple dish to toss together on a busy weeknight.
And because I know you’re busy, let’s jump into the recipe now shall we?
- 1 Trader Joe’s frozen gluten-free cauliflower crust
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 5-6 chicken tenders (or leftover grilled or shredded chicken)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple, sliced thinly
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Read the instructions on your cauliflower crust and follow them! We needed to preheat our oven to 450 degrees and cook the crust for about 10 minutes per side before adding toppings. I always suggest following the instructions on your pizza crust first!
- If needed, saute your chicken in your coconut oil on medium-high heat until cooked through. Then dice or shred chicken and stir in 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and set aside.
- While your chicken and pizza crust are cooking, prepare your pineapple, onion, and cilantro and set aside.
- Remove your crust from the oven and spread your leftover 1/4 cup barbecue sauce on the crust.
- Add your chicken.
- Add your pineapple.
- Add your onion.
- Add your cilantro.
- OPTIONAL: Add your cheese.
- And bake according to your pizza crust! We baked ours for an additional 10 minutes or until our toppings and/or cheese start to brown slightly.
See, I told you it was easy! It’s even easier if you’re able to pull in leftover ingredients to help you clean out the fridge, too.
Your family will view this as pizza night, but you’ll know this delicious BBQ chicken pizza recipe is full of flavor and hidden veggies. Which is a win-win in my book!
Will you give this yummy pizza recipe a try? Let me know in the comments!
Want more pizza recipes? Check out my Thai Chicken Pizza recipe (also gluten-free!).