A question I get often is how do I prepare healthy meals for my family when I’m in the middle of projects, work, or just a busy day (aren’t they all these days?).
The answer is by going easy on myself.
I am not a gourmet chef, and I never plan to be, but I do like to cook my family healthy meals whenever I can.
Don’t make it hard!
I focus on a handful of healthy ingredients, simple preparation, and I even make the easier, well, easier with a few little tricks.
Keep reading to discover the one sheet pan recipe that my whole family loves (and that takes me less than 30 minutes from start to finish).
THE EASY & HEALTHY ONE SHEET PAN RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE IN LESS THAN 30 MINUTES
- 10 chicken and apple sausage links (fully cooked)
- 2 lbs butternut squash, cubed
- 1.5 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 – 1.5 tsp sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grab 2 sheet pans
- Wash and half Brussels sprouts and cube butternut squash if needed.
- Cut sausage links into smaller pieces, then add your three main ingredients to the pans.
- Melt coconut oil and drizzle over your ingredients.
- Sprinkle with sage, salt, and pepper, and bake for 20 minutes.
- This recipe makes 2 full sheet pans. Eat one for dinner, then save the other to quickly reheat for lunches or another easy dinner! If you’re not a leftover fan, you can half this recipe!
- Go easy on yourself! If you’re super short on time or know you’ll be busy the day you’re making this meal, buy pre-cubed squash so there’s less prep time! Work smarter, not harder!
- I love chicken and apple sausage but always look for sausage with no artificial ingredients, gluten, casing, or additives!
- Not a fan of one (or more) of the ingredients? Not a problem! Use the template – sausage, starchy vegetable, green vegetable – and try out your own version! You really can’t go wrong.
- Not a sage fan? This is another easy fix. Add whatever spices you think would go well with the veggies you choose!
I’m all about simplifying when I can but never want to sacrifice healthy meal options for my family! These one sheet pan meals are a go-to in our house, and I’m sure you’ll love them as much as we do!
What veggies would you try? Let me know in the comments!