I love making breads to have on hand for when people drop by. There’s nothing more inviting than a warm slice of homemade bread, am I right?
But when springtime rolls around, my breads get a little boring. All fall and winter I’ll focus on seasonal flavors like pumpkin and cinnamon.
But in the spring, I crave lighter, brighter flavors.
And there’s only so much banana bread you can eat.
So I was thinking of seasonal flavors I could add into my bread recipe to change things up. As I opened up my refrigerator for inspiration, I saw two large bowls of blueberries that I knew wouldn’t get eaten in time.
I would try out some blueberry bread! Sounded great to me, and what could possibly go wrong?
So I did a little research and found some recipes for blueberry bread. Tweaked my gluten-free, dairy-free bread recipe with a few additional ingredients like coconut milk and a little crumble on top, and it was magic!
Honestly, this might be the best bread I’ve made to date. My whole family was raving about it. You have to give it a try!
THE GLUTEN-FREE BLUEBERRY BREAD THAT WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF
To get started, pull together your ingredients. You’ll need…
- 2 cups gluten-free 1:1 baking flour. My favorite is Bob’s Redmill.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free 1:1 baking flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil and add in sugar, coconut milk, egg, and vanilla. Stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in dry ingredients, then stir in blueberries until incorporated.
- Add batter to a greased loaf pan and set aside.
- Soften coconut oil for crumble for just a few seconds in the microwave, then combine with your sugar and flour to make your crumble. Use your hands to combine until it’s nice and crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour, then if needed and desired, switch on your broiler for a minute or two to brown your crumble, watching closely to make sure your crumble doesn’t burn.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Honestly, it’s delicious! This will be my new spring and summer go-to bread. What’s your favorite kind of bread? Let me know in the comments!
And if you’re itching for a classic, check out my gluten-free, dairy-free banana bread recipe!